The system shall work for performing discharge measurement using ADCP only (No Current Meter) technology where no Cableway system exist. The system shall operate on rope without the need for any additional structure, by simply wrapping the rope with existing tree / rigid structure.
The system design shall be modular which allows a single user to assemble operate and dismantle the unit in a quick with safe manner.
- The Flying Fox will automatically turn off if there has been no communications for 3hours.
- The LED’s on the Flying Fox indicate the internal state :
- Comms Fault: When the green and red LED’s flash alternately.
- Comms OK: When the green LED flashes on its own. The communications between the Flying Fox and the Remote Control is OK.
- Charging: When the red LED flashes on its own.
- The 18V DC supply is charging the internal 12V DC SLA battery. This can be plugged in at any time and the unit will start charging.
- As the charging progresses, the red LED flashes faster.
- The battery voltage can be viewed on the Remote Control LCD if required. Using a low stretch, high strength 8mm dia rope (such as the Donaghy’s “Spectraspeed” = 3 tonne breaking strain), install it across the river by attaching to trees, vehicles etc.
- For ease of installation, do not fully tension the rope until the Flying Fox is fitted to the rope.