A data logger (also datalogger or data recorder) is an electronic device that records data over time or in relation to location either with a built in instrument or sensor or via external instruments and sensors. Increasingly, but not entirely, they are based on a digital processor (or computer).
PHAME provides a wide range of data logging, acquisition and control (SCADA) instruments for our customers’ unique needs in intensive environmental monitoring and data collection applications. Our data loggers are designed for simplicity, scalability and durability for single locations or fully integrated networks containing multiple sites.
Data Logger is a standalone device that can read various types of electrical signals and store data in its internal memory for later transmission or download. It records data over time via sensors connected to its ports.
- Displays date, time, error message and basic settings on LCD.
- The system uses a Real Time Operating System that supports multi-tasking.
- Logger has an internal battery-backed real time clock that automatically synchronizes its time with global time server.
- It has two levels of memory:
- Internal 4 Mb Flash
- Micro SD Card
- The 4 Mb flash memories use cyclic data storage technique. Moreover, at the end of each day, it stores all the recorded values of the whole day into the micro SD card as backup.
- Stored data can easily be downloaded into a pen drive.
- It can be configured to post stored data to two servers simultaneously.
- The system can log battery voltage with user definable sampling rates and systems errors viz. system restart, memory error, communication status and error, etc.
- Alerts can be generated for a number of alarming conditions, for example: data deviating from pre-defined threshold value, for any communication error logs, for any system faults etc.
- SMS can be programmed to send to all authorized numbers.
- Siren can be connected for issuing warnings against any alarming condition.
- Settings in datalogger can be configured either locally using a software or remotely through web using any web server.
- Firmware in datalogger can be upgraded remotely through web.