Features of Current Meter
- The design for reliable and accurate field data under the prevailing Indian environmental conditions and under cyclonic weather condition.
- The system shall be easy to operate and maintain.
- The current meter can be fitted with a stabilizer tail fin which is attached to a hanger bar and Colombus gauging weight in sizes of 7, 15, 23, 34, 45, 68, 90 or 135 Kg. This assembly is suspended from a gauging winch with armoured signal cable. A rating table is used to convert number of pulses to velocity.
- The current meter is of Type “AA” current meter. It allows the measurement of water flow in streams, open canals, pressure pipes & lakes to a fine degree of accuracy and repeatability with its advanced contact switching system and interchangeable impact resistant bucket system that provides trouble free operation.
- The current meter is made to be used in the most extreme environments and ensures reliable field service for many years.
- The current meter is supplied in a kit which is affordable and user friendly, allowing the operator to measure water flow using a simple traditional method.
Current Meter Working Principle: Water Flow is measured through pulse signal produced per revolution. This signal is generated by an encapsulated reed switch which resides inside the current meter body.
The wading rod can be use with current meter as well as ADCP as positioning system. The water depth is displayed along with the % depth as the rod is moved up and down as well as the ‘Point’ velocity through use current meter / ADCP.
- A feature of the device is its ability to “clean” the signal and interface directly to a compatible PDA, Pocket PC, or other computing device and provide serial data that can be used by the external device to compute discharge.
- Suitable for current meters with either magnetic reed switch or cat’s whisker contact.
- In-built current meter signal processing feature to verify current meter signal and detect any ‘shorts’ in connections.
- The water velocity is directly computed and displayed on an LCD.
- LCD (with backlighting) to display sounding and depth of observation
- Easy to read ruler on rod Push button selection for either IMPERIAL or METRIC measurement
- Keypad mount (Optional) to suit for ADCP
- Electronics housed in IP66 water-proof enclosure
- Displays current meter counts (selection of timing intervals from 10 to 90 seconds)
- Support NORMAL (> 0.08m/sec) and SLOW (< 0.08m/sec) speed operation
- Spin test feature & Dwell test feature
- Integrated Bluetooth interface (Spec V1.1)
- Powered by 3 x type ‘AA” alkaline batteries (approx 50 hours continuous use before discharging)
- Durable and light-weight aluminium and stainless steel construction
- Canvas carry bag included